Who’s running which committee in the Senate?
- Finance, Economics and Investment Affairs Committee: Veteran lawyer Hani Sarie El-Din was elected chairman of the committee. He will be joined by Gamal Abdel Haim and Yasser Zaki as deputies and Akmal Nagati as secretary.
- Manufacturing, Trade and SMEs Committee: Mohamed Halawa will helm the committee and will be joined by deputies Magd El Manzelawy and Tayseer Matar and secretary Ahmed Guindy.
- Energy, Environment and Manpower Committee: Abdel Khalek Eyad will serve as chairman and will be joined by deputies Amr Ezzat and Magdy Abdel Raheem Selim and secretary Noha Ahmed Fathy.
- Housing, Local Planning and Transportation Committee: Khaled Mohamed Said was elected committee president. Fayez Ibrahim Mohamed and Akmal Allah Farouk are his deputies and Ahmed Sabbour will serve as secretary.
- Education, Academic Research, Telecommunications and IT Committee: Nabil Daabis was elected president. Ahmed El Badry and Randa Mostafa will serve as deputies and Nagah Galal as secretary.
- Foreign, Arab and African Affairs Committee: Abdel Hay Ebeid will serve as committee president. Samaa Suleiman and Effat El Sadat will be his deputies, and Aida Nassif will become committee secretary.
- Defense and National Security Committee: Headed by Maj. Gen. Osama Kamel Montaser with deputies including Maj. Gen. Tarek Nosseir and Maj. Gen. Mohamed Gad. Maj. Gen. Khaled Fawzy will be secretary of the committee.
The House elected committee heads earlier in the week. Our full rundown of who’s running business-relevant committees in the House of Representatives is here.