Your top infrastructure stories
Your top infrastructure stories for the week include:
- ElSewedy Electric inks smart highway contract: ElSewedy Electric for Trade and Distribution signed a USD 90 mn contract to implement an ITS (intelligent transport system) for six highways, according to a statement (pdf). The ITS will include a traffic management system and a toll collection system, and is expected to be completed within 18 months.
- The European Union will part-fund a EUR 6 mn project to develop irrigation systems in Fayoum and Minya, according to a cabinet statement. The project will be funded by the EU and Egypt’s National Water Research Center.
- Port Said-Alexandria railway: El Didi Group and Gama Construction might sign a contract with the Transport Ministry during the TransMEA conference to build a new railway connecting West Port Said Port to Alexandria through Damietta and New Mansoura, Al Mal reports, citing sources in the know.
- Vodafone Group could supply and host servers for public sector companies with negotiations ongoing with the Public Enterprises Ministry, the local press reports. The first phase would be completed within four months and include 15 out of the 63 state-owned firms.
- The government plans to hook subsidized bakeries up with natural gas instead of diesel fuel, according to a report by Al Shorouk.