Your top education stories of the week
Your top education stories of the week:
- The King Salman International University was inaugurated on Saturday: The university has three branches across South Sinai — in Sharm El Sheikh, Al Tur, and Ras Sidr — and is a joint project between Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
- CIRA’s British Regent School in New Mansoura is now up and running after construction had fallen behind temporarily due to covid-19.
- Bus fees: Three schools could face fines between EGP 20k and EGP 1 mn for not abiding by a Consumer Protection Authority decision obliging schools to refund 25% of last year’s bus fees.
- Expanded state support for underprivileged students: As many as 1 mn additional students will receive state funding for their education, bringing the total number of students receiving support to 4.4 mn.
- New regulations to make sure parents pay up: Education Minister Tarek Shawki told Lamees El Hadidi new regulations were designed to make sure tuition fees are promptly paid, and prevent schools from changing fees mid-year.