Your top 5 infrastructure news of the week:
Your top 5 infrastructure stories of the week:
- Gas prices: The government lowered the price of natural gas for industry to USD 4.50 / mmBtu. The new price will be reflected in bills for this month’s consumption.
- Metro work suspended: Arab Contractors temporarily suspended its work on phase 4B of Cairo Metro Line 3 for one week to deep clean workspaces for the project. Work is set to resume on Sunday, 29 March.
- World Banking funding: The World Bank is providing an additional USD 500 mn in funding for a program to develop low-income housing in Egypt.
- Desalination plants: Acwa Power said it will power its desalination plants in Egypt via solar power.
- Alexandria tram tender awarded: The National Tunnel Authority awarded the EGP 410 mn tender to design and restore the Raml tram in Alexandria to a consortium of French and Egyptian companies.