Your top 5 education stories for the past week
Your top education news stories in Egypt this week:
- Sphinx Private Equity Management will launch a USD 100-120 mn private equity fund with an eye on education and health.
- Spain’s Mediterrania Capital Partners is looking to raise USD 100 mn for its MC III fund. The fund will focus on education, health and other B2C services.
- CIRA will invest more than EGP 2 bn to develop several ongoing and future education projects and will turn to a securitized bond issuance as part of its financing plans, CEO Mohamed El Kalla said last week.
- King Salman University in Sinai is expected to open its doors in March 2020, Higher Education Minister Khaled Abdel Ghaffar said, according to Ahram Gate.
- MOVES- Reda Hegazi was appointed as Assistant Education Minister for Public Schools yesterday, according to Youm7. He had headed the ministry’s public education department since 2015.