Your top 5 education stories for the past week
Your top five education news stories in Egypt over the past week:
- Cairo for Real Estate and Investment’s (CIRA) net profit soared 75% y-o-y on the back of revenue increases in K-12 and the higher education segment.
- Egypt Learning Group is studying investing EGP 1 bn to set up four new language schools in Shorouk City and Alexandria, founding partner and CEO Ayman Badr told the local press on Wednesday.
- IMF report suggests that Egypt, along with Mauritania, Morocco, and Tunisia require significant investments in education and health to unlock female labor force participation.
- Madbouly Cabinet approves additional USD 13 mn of funding from USAID as part of a broader aid agreement to support basic education.
- Egypt to build six new schools … in Somalia? That’s what Education Minister Tarek Shawki discussed with his Somalian counterpart last week, according to a ministry statement picked up by the local press.