Rundown of helpful apps when on vacation
Don’t go on vacation without an arsenal of apps that will help you handle the little detailsof the trip, courtesy of CNN. Its list of recommended travel apps range from those that help you pack (Packpoint) to the most obvious (Airbnb). Some gems did catch our attention, including:
- WiFi Map: As the name suggests, the program points you to the nearest WiFi hotspot that can save your day and helps with avoiding data roaming charges. The WiFi maps can be downloaded for offline use.
- Dayuse.com: This comes in handy if you need to book a hotel room for a few hours during daytime to simply rest your head for a few or need to shower immediately.
- XE Currency: The app keeps you constantly appraised with the latest foreign currency rates in your travel destination that are updated by the minute.
- AccuWeather: The app should provide hyper-localized minute-by-minute forecasts so you know exactly what the situation is like when you walk out the door.
- SitOrSquat: Yes, someone actually made the app Seinfeld’s George Costanza came up with in the Curb Your Enthusiasm reunion. Probably the most useful app we found on the list.