Back to the complete issue
Monday, 26 December 2022

B Investments exits TotalEnergies Egypt

B Investments sells entire stake in TotalEnergies Egypt: BPE Partners’ B Investments has agreed to sell its entire 6.38% stake in TotalEnergies Egypt to TotalEnergies Marketing Afrique (TEMA) for USD 27.6 mn, the company said in a statement (pdf). This came alongside a separate BPE Partners-backed vehicle’s exit of its 9% stake to TEMA for USD 39 mn, handing TEMA the two shareholders’ combined 15.38% stake in TotalEnergies, a source close to the matter told Enterprise.

Exiting shareholders could get more: The firm could also get an additional USD 2.2 mn in the transaction in the event of the closure of Adnoc’s acquisition of 50% of TotalEnergies from TEMA, B Investments IR head Omar El Labban told Enterprise. The other vehicle would also get an additional USD 3.2 mn if the acquisition goes through, our source said. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in 1Q 2023.

Refresher: Adnoc’s distribution arm had agreed in July to acquire 50% of TotalEnergies Egypt for up to USD 203 mn. TEMA — which holds the 84.6% majority stake — would sell 34.6% to Adnoc, which along with B Investments’ 6.38% stake and the affiliated vehicle’s 9% would result in a 50-50 ownership between the two companies. B Investments ultimately favored an exit, waiving its right of first refusal instead of pre-empting Adnoc’s bid to buy the 34.6% stake TEMA had on offer. The two had been in negotiations over the bid over the past few months.

What they said: “We’re very glad we’ve concluded our second exit for the year after our exit from Giza Systems, which proves the value we are able to create for our assets and our shareholders,” El Labban told us.


Oriental Weavers welcomes new shareholder … kind of: Yasmine and Farida Khamis, the two daughters of the late Oriental Weavers chairman Mohamed Khamis, have transferred their combined 24.61% stake in the company to FYK Limited, a newly-established company also owned by the two sisters. The EGP 1.38 bn transaction is part of a restructuring of their investments, according to three separate EGX disclosures (here, here, and here — pdfs).

Keeping it in the family: FYK Limited is fully owned by the two sisters, the company’s IR head told Al Borsa.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt; Hassan Allam Properties (tax ID:  553-096-567), one of Egypt’s most prominent and leading builders; and Saleh, Barsoum & Abdel Aziz (tax ID: 220-002-827), the leading audit, tax and accounting firm in Egypt.