InGame Sports gets cash + in-kind support in pre-seed round
Egyptian gaming startup InGame Sports has raised an undisclosed pre-seed round led by international VC Openner. The company said it had received the equivalent of USD 1 mn in “cash, in-kind resources and grants,” but declined to disclose how much money it had raised when asked by Enterprise yesterday. Multinational data provider Sportradar is providing the company with free access to its services and a grant as part of the round, co-founder and Managing Partner Mohab El Tawila (LinkedIn) told us.
Other things we’re keeping an eye on this morning:
- Egypt received a shipment of 42 wind turbine blades from Italy for the 262.5-MW Ras Ghareb wind farm. (Statement)
- Alexandria Mineral Oil Company will pay out EGP 710.3 mn in dividends after shareholders yesterday approved plans to pay out EGP 0.55 per share for FY 2021-2022. (Statement, pdf)
- The Suez Canal Authority wants to expand the Ismailia marina to host 60 yachts from 12 currently under government plans to draw more foreign yachts to the country. (Statement)
- Emirati waste management company Bee'ah and local firm Green Planet for Sustainable Environmental Solutions will provide waste management services in Sharm El Sheikh. (Statement)
- Etisalat customers now have access to streaming platform TOD under an agreement signed with Etisalat subsidiary Evision. (Hapi Journal)