Also on our Radar on 1 June 2021
Other things we’re keeping an eye on this morning:
- Representatives of German shipmaker Lürssen discussed Egypt’s shipbuilding industry and modernizing local shipyards with President Abdel Fattah El Sisi during a meeting in Cairo yesterday.
- The Global Academic Foundation will spend EGP 4.5-5 bn over the next three years to build a campus in the new capital that will host an international branch of the UK’s University of Hertfordshire.
- An Indian Embassy delegation was onboard the Ever Given yesterday to follow up on the health status of crew members, the Suez Canal Authority boss Osama Rabie said.
- The House Economic Committee has ratified a recent agreement to add USD 22.8 mn to the inclusive economic governance grant signed last September with USAID, bringing the US's total commitments under the program to USD 50.5 mn.
- A draft law to set up an emergency fund for government healthcare services was approved by the Senate in a final vote yesterday.