Your top infrastructure stories
Your top infrastructure stories for the week include:
- Amazon is considering Egypt as its next hub for the manufacture of its own-brand products including apparel and houseware as well as electronics such as its Kindle readers and Alexa smart speaker.
- Factories could see their gas bills cut to at least USD 4/mmBtu from USD 4.50/mmBtu as per a request from the House Industrial Committee.
- Actis is planning to set up a new USD 4-4.5 bn fund, Actis 5, to invest in MENA renewable energy and infrastructure projects.
- Japanese manufacturer Sumitomo Wiring Systems will set up a EGP 1 bn automobile pigtail cables factory in Tenth of Ramadan City, with plans to export the products to Europe.
- Abu Qir Fertilizers is looking to construct a EGP 2.6 bn methanol factory at Sokhna port in partnership with Helwan Fertilizers and Al Ahly Capital, according to an EGX disclosure (pdf).
- Construction has begun on the Housing Ministry’s EGP 380 mn wastewater treatment facility in Dakahlia, House Representative Hala Sayed Hassan told Youm7.