Back to the complete issue
Wednesday, 30 September 2020

Palm Hills, CI Capital’s Taaleem sign shareholder agreement for Badya university

Palm Hills Developments (PHD) and CI Capital’s Taaleem have set up a joint venture to develop their planned EGP 1.6-1.9 bn life sciences university in PHD’s Badya compound, according to a press release (pdf). The two companies signed yesterday a shareholder agreement for the JV, of which Taaleem will own 60% and PHD holding the remaining 40%. The two companies signed an MoU in June for the university, which will span 100k sqm and accommodate up to 9k students. It will be established in partnership with Medical University of Vienna International and is expected to open its doors in 2022.

Background: CI Capital is a minority shareholder with a 16.4% stake in Taaleem, which owns the Nahda University in Beni Suef, the largest private university in Upper Egypt. The Badya compound is a 3k-feddan West Cairo project under development by PHD in partnership with the New Urban Communities Authority.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt; Hassan Allam Properties (tax ID:  553-096-567), one of Egypt’s most prominent and leading builders; and Saleh, Barsoum & Abdel Aziz (tax ID: 220-002-827), the leading audit, tax and accounting firm in Egypt.