Back to the complete issue
Tuesday, 25 August 2020

Egypt’s MNHD accepts EGP 30 mn offer for its 98.4% stake in Nasr Utilities and Installations

M&A WATCH- MNHD accepts EGP 30 mn offer for its 98.4% stake in Nasr Utilities and Installations: Madinet Nasr for Housing and Development (MNHD) has accepted an offer from an as of yet unnamed investor to purchase its 98.4% stake in construction company Nasr Utilities and Installations (NUI), MNHD said in a bourse filing on Monday (pdf). The total value of the transaction is EGP 30 mn, which includes around EGP 4.9 mn for MNHD’s 98.4% stake, while the remaining amount is debts NUI owes to MNHD. The offer also covers the purchase of the remaining 1.6% stake in NUI, which is held by MNHD subsidiary El Nasr Civil Works. MNHD received the offer earlier this month

El Nasr Civil Works is still looking at the purchase offer for its 1.6% stake in NUI to the investor for EGP 80k, according to its bourse disclosure (pdf).

MNHD could also exit El Nasr Civil Works: MNHD agreed earlier this month to allow Odin Investments to begin due diligence on El Nasr Civil Works ahead of a possible acquisition of the real estate developer’s 52.5% stake in the company.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt; Hassan Allam Properties (tax ID:  553-096-567), one of Egypt’s most prominent and leading builders; and Saleh, Barsoum & Abdel Aziz (tax ID: 220-002-827), the leading audit, tax and accounting firm in Egypt.