Your top education stories of the week
Your top education stories of the week:
- The academic year for Egypt’s universities will now end on 15 September to accommodate end-of-year exams, which will begin on 1 July.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau discussed potential investment and cooperation in higher education programs in Egypt in a phone call last Wednesday.
- Palm Hills, Taaleem ink MoU to set up university in Badya compound: We recap the full story in Speed Round, above.
- The nationwide Thanaweya Amma exams kicked off last week for some 650k students amid preventive measures to curb the spread of the covid-19.
- Noon Academy has raised USD 13 mn in its latest funding round as more students resort to distance learning through the Saudi-based company’s educational technology platform.