Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the week:
- The government signed on Sunday a EUR 50 mn agreement with the French Development Agency (AFD) to develop Cairo Metro’s line one.
- Suez Canal Container Terminal (SCCT) will invest USD 60 mn to add capacity to the East Port Said Port container terminal.
- Hassan Allam has been awarded a contract by the government to build a utilities and road network in a 32.4 sq km area in Sheikh Zayed.
- The EETC has signed two agreements worth a combined EGP 598 mn to build electricity substations in El Ayyat’s Gerzah village and Madinaty, one with Energya Power and another with a consortium led by China’s SieyanElectric.
- General Electric delivered 20 locomotives to Egypt this week, the third batch of rail engines that Egypt had purchased in 2017.
- The ICT Ministry is spending USD 1.6 bn to boost internet speed from an average 15.5 Mbps to 20 Mbps by the end of 2020 and 40 mbps by 2021, Minister Amr Talaat said.