Your top 5 infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure news of the week:
- Damietta LNG plant agreement collapses: An agreement to reopen the Damietta LNG plant between the Egyptian government and operator Union Fenosa Gas has collapsed after certain conditions failed to be met.
- Sixth of October dry port: The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the African Development Bank will help finance 70% of the first USD 176 mn phase of the Sixth of October dry port.
- Sokhna port to open in June: DP World is expecting to open its second EGP 10 bn Sokhna port in June.
- Electric railway signaling: The National Railways Authority is closing in on a EGP 3 bn loan agreement with Banque Misr and the National Bank of Egypt to finance the authority’s transition to an electric railway signaling system and the purchase of spare parts for its fleet.
- Alex port upgrade: The Alexandria Port is set to complete its EGP 840 mn cargo truck overpass, EGP 460 mn multi-storey garage, and new mooring and docking facilities within two years.