Get to know Egypt’s Afcon team
Javier Aguirre unveiled the line-up of Egypt’s Afcon squad on Tuesday, with Mohamed Salah headlining a 23-man team that includes a host of the country’s best players, Super Sport reports. There is plenty of representation from national teams Al Ahly, Zamalek and Pyramids, as well as international clubs including Arsenal. As anticipation builds for the start of the tournament and Egypt’s first match against Zimbabwe on June 21, the story is attracting widespread coverage.
Here’s the full line-up:
- Mohamed El Shenawy (Al Ahly)
- Ahmed al-Shennawy (Pyramids)
- Mahmoud Abdelrahim Genesh (Zamalek).
- Ahmed Elmohamady (Aston Villa/England)
- Omar Gaber (Pyramids), Ayman Ashraf (Al Ahly)
- Mahmoud Hamdy el-Winsh (Zamalek)
- Baher ElMohamady (Ismaily)
- Ahmed Hegazi (West Bromwich Albion/England)
- Ahmed Ayman Mansour (Pyramids)
- Mahmoud Alaa (Zamalek).
- Waleed Soliman (Al Ahly)
- Abdullah al-Saeed (Pyramids)
- Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal/England)
- Tarek Hamed (Zamalek)
- Ali Ahmed Ghazal (Feirense/Portugal)
- Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (Kasimpasa/Turkey)
- Amr Warda (Atromitos/Greece)
- Nabil Emad Donga (Pyramids)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/England).
- Marwan Mohsen (Al Ahly)
- Ahmed Hassan Kouka (Olympiacos/Greece)
- Ahmed Ali Kamel (Al Mokawloon).