El Sisi’s comments from the Youth Conference top coverage of Egypt
Of youth conferences and “Kiki” challenges: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi’s comments on austerity measures and the “Kiki dance” from the Youth Conference topped headlines on Egypt in the foreign press this morning.
Other headlines worth noting in brief:
- President Abdel Fattah is ‘upset’ over recent social media posts urging him to step down, according to the Associated Press.
- The Independent is running a listicle of tourist faux-pas in Egypt, including “publicising strongly negative opinions” about the country.
- Trade publication TRT World caught wind of Egypt’s plans to make some beaches in Alexandria exclusive to foreigners and tourists.
- Mexican cement company Cemex has been suffering losses in Egypt, Colombia, and the Philippines, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Win over Daesh in Sinai: Rafah’s evacuation campaign is only one example of Egypt’s temporary win against Daesh in Sinai, Avi Issacharoff writes for the Times of Israel. The progress has allowed for a degree of normalcy to return, says AFP.