Other headlines worth noting
Other headlines worth noting in brief include:
- Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny could recover ahead of the World Cup from an ankle injury earlier this week,club manager Arsene Wenger tells BBC Sport.
- Regulatory approval from EC for Egypt investment: The European Commission is expected to review and sign-off next month on a partnership agreement between Cargill and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) on running a soy crushing facility in Borg El Arab, according to Reuters.
- Chinese glass giant Jushi has helped Egypt become the world’s third largest producer of fiberglass after the US and China with its SCZone factory, Xinhua reports.
- Iraq wants to grow bilateral trade with Egypt to USD 6 bn per year from a current USD 1.4 bn, Iraq’s commercial attaché in Cairo Haidar Nouri tells Iraqi News.
- The International Work Group for Libya has accused the UAE and Egypt of undermining national reconciliation efforts, according to the Libyan Observer.
- Has Nobel laureate Naguib Mahfouz lost his appeal among country’s youth, asks David Awad for Al Monitor.