Podcast producer wanted
We’re looking for a podcast producer with a strong track record with audio production for Enterprise. You will work on a podcast currently under development, as well as other products we will roll out in the future.
The ideal candidate will have experience and background in audio production and journalism (or at least be well-versed in the news). This includes familiarity with audio production software, such as Adobe Audition. A strong background in business / economics / finance, and/or entrepreneurship and technology is also preferred, but not a requirement.
Native-level command of English is ideal, and the ability to speak Arabic is a significant plus.
We are looking for candidates who are available full-time in Egypt. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Although we have a preference for Egyptian nationals, foreign candidates are also encouraged to apply.
This position involves a measure of shift work and is ideal for someone who is a motivated self-starter.
To apply, please submit 2-3 audio samples and a solid cover letter telling us a bit about who you are, why you’re a good fit and what interests you in Enterprise. A CV is nice, but we’re much more interested in your clips.
Please direct your applications to email@example.com.
Main roles + responsibilities:
- Oversee the production cycle of episodes and pitch in fresh ideas for shows, guests, and content.
- Assist the managing editor in booking guests for upcoming episodes, including conducting pre-interviews and ensuring these guests will contribute engaging and informative content.
- Conduct research on topics and guests for the editor / host(s) to use.
- Assist in preparing scripts (where applicable) and questions for interviews.
- Source archival audio and music / sound effects for use across our products.
- Work on all aspects of audio production, including recording, editing, and publishing each podcast episode. This includes editing the audio files, adding music transitions, incorporating clips and separately-recorded interviews, etc. to create tight, engaging episodes.
- Write show notes (if applicable) for each episode, and assist in creating promotional content for the podcast.
- Aid in the development of new audio products, including forming a vision, drafting script templates.