GEM gets building award. CIB + Visa honor women entrepreneurs
The Grand Egyptian Museum received a “Green Building Award” from the Arab Water Council at the government’s Environment and Development Forum earlier this month, state news agency MENA reported.
CIB and Visa honoured women entrepreneurs in the first edition of the payments company’s She’s Next grant program, according to a press release (pdf). Five entrepreneurs were chosen from over 150 applications, receiving a USD 10k grant and a year of business coaching from IFundWomen.
Who was recognized?
- Maryam El Masry (LinkedIn), founder of healthy food company Green House;
- Heba Abou El Eid (LinkedIn), founder and CEO of The Mommy Club;
- Rania Salah (LinkedIn), founder and managing director of social enterprise GebRaa;
- Samira Negm (LinkedIn), CEO and co-founder of carpooling app Raye7;
- Laila Hassaballa (LinkedIn) and Mariam Nezar (LinkedIn) of food tour company Bellies En Route
EDITOR’S NOTE- This story was amended on 22 September, 2022 to correct the name of Bellies En Route co-founder Mariam Nezar. An earlier version of this story incorrectly said her name is Mariam El Nahas.