The National Dialogue is starting to take shape
National dialogue rapporteurs appointed: The 19-member board of trustees overseeing the Sisi administration’s national dialogue named six rapporteurs and assistant rapporteurs for the process’ main political, social and economic committees. Board members appointed:
- Our friend Alieldean Helal, professor of political science at Cairo University and former sports minister, as the political rapporteur;
- Ex-finance minister Ahmed Galal as the economic rapporteur;
- and former youth and sports minister Khaled Abdel Aziz as the social rapporteur.
It also selected rapporteurs to each of the three political subcommittees.
Up next: The board will hold its next meeting on Saturday to name rapporteurs and assistant rapporteurs for the social and economic subcommittees.
Other things we’re keeping an eye on this morning:
- ADIB gets the all-clear for capital increase: Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Egypt (ADIB) will move forward with an EGP 1 bn capital increase, after the Financial Regulatory Authority greenlit the move. ADIB will offer an additional 100 mn shares at EGP 10 per share to existing investors. (Disclosure, pdf)
- Scotland’s Queen Margaret University could be interested in opening a branch in the new capital. (Statement)