Back to the complete issue
Wednesday, 27 July 2022

Aman pushes IPO to 2023

Aman pushes EGX debut to next year: Raya Holding’s non-banking financial services outfit, Aman Holding, has reportedly become the latest Egyptian company to delay plans to IPO on the EGX as global economic headwinds batter financial markets. The company was planning to go public this year and had already appointed an investment bank, but will not go to market before next year, Al Masdar quotes Aman Financial Services CEO Hazem Moghazi as having said.

This comes a week after the local press reported that Banque du Caire had decided to push its IPO plans until the market stabilizes. The state-owned bank was also planning to debut on the EGX this year.

The EGX has suffered so far this year: Rampant inflation at home and abroad, rising interest rates in the US and now Europe, and significant macro fallout from Russia’s war in Ukraine have together helped drive the EGX into a bear market this year. Foreign investors have retreated from the market amid a broad risk-off sentiment in emerging markets, leaving the benchmark EGX 30 index at lows not seen since November 2016. The benchmark EGX 30 is down nearly 22% for the year so far.

Aman’s IPO has been a long time coming: Raya initially announced plans to list Aman in 2020, with hopes for the subsidiary to make its debut in 2021.

Also from Aman:

  • Aman could soon welcome new shareholders: Raya is looking to sell 10-15% of its 76% stake in Aman before the end of the year to fund its expansion plans at home and abroad, Moghazi said. The National Bank of Egypt owns the remaining 24% of the company, after acquiring the stake in 2020.
  • Saudi expansion on the horizon: Aman is in discussions to establish a unit in Saudi Arabia and provide consumer finance services to the Saudi market.
  • Another round of securitization is in the works: Aman is to sell EGP 500 mn worth of securitized bonds in the coming three months, Moghazi told Hapi Journal.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt; Hassan Allam Properties (tax ID:  553-096-567), one of Egypt’s most prominent and leading builders; and Saleh, Barsoum & Abdel Aziz (tax ID: 220-002-827), the leading audit, tax and accounting firm in Egypt.