Your top 5 pieces of business and economic news in January 2022
Your top 5 pieces of business and economic news in January:
- The Enterprise Reader Survey says: 2021 was a very good year to do business, with optimism remaining the prevailing sentiment as we push ahead with 2022.
- Egypt rejoined JPMorgan’s emerging-market bond index following a decade of absence in a move that could bring new passive flows into the local debt market.
- Gov’t to step up privatization efforts in coming months: The Madbouly government is planning to sell stakes in state-owned companies every month or two, said Planning Minister Hala El Said.
- Fawry eyes the Nasdaq: EGX-listed e-payments giant Fawry received approval from its board of directors to create an American depositary shares program, which would allow the company to list shares in the US, and is exploring an SEC-registered secondary offering to follow
- Fintech, consider yourself regulated: Legislation to regulate the fintech industry received final approval from the House of Representatives.