Back to the complete issue
Wednesday, 13 October 2021

Orascom Construction adds nearly USD 1 bn to backlog in 3Q

Orascom Construction added USD 960 mn-worth of new contracts to its backlog in 3Q2021, growing 42% y-o-y annual increase, the company announced in a statement. Projects in Egypt made up 65% of new contracts during the quarter, including a contract to design, install, commission and maintain Egypt’s first high-speed rail system. The other 35% came from new contracts in the US, mainly large projects in student housing. Consolidated backlog grew to USD 9.1 bn by the end of the quarter.

OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE NEWS- Egypt’s Arab Contractors will develop the main port in Lebanon’s Tripoli under an agreement signed with the Lebanese government, according to Al Shorouk. The project, which involves revamping the port’s infrastructure with new customs buildings, administrative offices, and fire stations, is expected to cost USD 87 mn. It will be fully funded by the Islamic Development Bank, with work expected to begin within as little as 10 days, according to Xinhua. The agreement was signed by Lebanon's Council for Development and Reconstruction.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt; Hassan Allam Properties (tax ID:  553-096-567), one of Egypt’s most prominent and leading builders; and Saleh, Barsoum & Abdel Aziz (tax ID: 220-002-827), the leading audit, tax and accounting firm in Egypt.