Tuesday, 31 August 2021

Orascom Financial in the black since launching in December

Orascom Financial Holding has made a total net income of EGP 36.7 mn since its inception in December last year on revenues of EGP 248.4 mn, according to the company’s financial statements (pdf). In 2Q2021, OFH generated EGP 17.3 mn in net income on revenues of EGP 119.7 mn. Orascom Investment Holding spun off its financial business, creating OFH in a demerger that concluded earlier this year when OFH started trading on the EGX.

Pioneers Holding’s net income fell over 57% to EGP 223.2 mn during 2Q2021 from EGP 529.7 mn the year before, according to the company’s financial statement (pdf). The drop came despite revenues climbing 22% to EGP 2.2 bn during the quarter from EGP 1.8 bn last year.

Things turned up for Al Ahly for Development and Investment, which recorded a net income of EGP 5.9 mn during 2Q2021 after turning a EGP 423k loss last year, according to the company’s financial statement (pdf). Revenues rose almost 25% to EGP 18.3 mn from EGP 14.8 mn last year.

Tourism developer Remco generated net income of EGP 197.4 mn during 2Q2021, rebounding from a tough quarter last year when the company made a EGP 209.9 mn loss due to the shuttering of the country’s tourism sector due to covid, figures from the company’s quarterly financials (pdf) show.


SMALL CAP NEWS- Odin Investments’ real estate investment firm Emerald is planning to IPO on the Nilex by next month via a private placement and public offering, CEO Hashem El Sayed told us, confirming news first broken by Al Mal. The company will list a 10.5% stake on the exchange, with 65% of the 45 mn shares being allocated to institutional investors, and the remaining 35% being offered to the public, he said.

Regulatory approval: The Financial Regulatory Authority on Thursday gave the go ahead to the company to start preparing for the offering and green-lit the fair value report, which will be disclosed when the prospectus has been approved, El Sayed said.

Advisors: Odin Capital provided financial advice and EgyTrend handled the fair value report.


MARKET WATCH-

The EGX30 fell 0.2% at today’s close on turnover of EGP 1.6 bn (7.8% above the 90-day average). Regional investors were net sellers. The index is up 2.8% YTD.

In the green: Fawry (+5.4%), Mopco (+1.9%) and Credit Agricole (+1.8%).

In the red: Speed Medical (-8.2%), Qalaa Holding (-2.5%) and Egyptian Resorts Company (-2.4%).

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Etisalat Misr (tax ID: 235-071-579), the leading telecoms provider in Egypt; and Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt.