Raya Trade doing consumer finance with Lyve + Hawaya hits 4 mn users
Other stories worth knowing about this afternoon:
- Raya Trade is offering consumer finance (pdf) to residents of compounds that use the Lyve community management and access app. The partnership will initially focus on the North Coast in time for the summer season, before expanding to Cairo and Giza. Some 120k households use Lyve to manage access to services at more than 100 compounds.
- Hassan Allam Holding has moved to Microsoft Cloud, migrating thousands of its more than 35k employees to Office 365 and adopting Azure Sentinel, among other services (pdf).
- Cairo-based matchmaking app Hawaya now claims a total of 4 mn users after expanding to 12 countries including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, France and Germany, among others. The company claims to have made possible some “18k love stories” to date (pdf).
- The AUC School of Business is launching an executive education program focused on trade with Africa in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Details here (pdf).
- We’re known iSheep, but if we had to buy a Windows machine, it would probably be a Dell. And if pushed, an XPS. So if we were Windows people, we would be looking forward to the launch of the well-reviewed XPS 15 and XPS 17 TGL models in Egypt and the wider region this month (pdf).