Taqa Arabia establishes water treatment company
Qalaa Holdings’ Taqa Arabia has established a new water treatment solutions company Taqa Water, which will cater to the industrial, real estate, agriculture, and tourism sectors, making the company the first integrated energy and utilities provider in the region, it said in a statement (pdf) yesterday.
Other things we’re keeping an eye on this morning:
- The Public Enterprises Ministry wants Chinese automobile producer Dongfeng to contribute 20% of the capital to establish a planned electric vehicles company in cooperation with El Nasr Automotive.
- Deutsche Hospitality has opened its 409-room Steigenberger Ras Soma Resort in Soma Bay on the Red Sea coast, making it Deutsche’s fifteenth property in Egypt.
- The Supply Ministry has established its first commercial registry office in a bank at a Banque du Caire branch in Obour City.
- Electro Cable’s new EGP 800 mn electrical cables factory in Sadat City should increase the company’s production capacity by 30% over four years.
- Former prime minister Ahmed Shafiq has been acquitted of siphoning off public funds while he was civil aviation minister from 2002 to 2011.