Your top 5 pieces of business and economic news in March 2021
Your top 5 pieces of business and economic news in March:
- Emirati real estate firm Aldar Properties submitted an offer to acquire a controlling stake in Sodic for EGP 18-19 per share.
- GlaxoSmithKline has shelved plans to sell its units in Egypt and Tunisia after acquisition talks with Hikma Pharma broke down last month.
- Banque Misr now holds 90% of CI Capital after it acquired a 65% stake in an MTO last month.
- Consumer healthcare giant IDH could go ahead with its dual listing on the EGX within two months, sources close to the matter told the local press.
- Foreign holdings of EGP debt hit a record high of USD 28.5 bn, overtaking the previous record set before the pandemic, according to Finance Ministry figures released last month.