Your top infrastructure stories
Your top infrastructure stories for the week include:
- Gov’t lifts six-month ban on construction: The government has decided against renewing its six-month construction ban but will not allow companies to resume construction until new requirements are issued in the first week of December.
- Railway agreements: The Transport Ministry signed six railway agreements on the sidelines of the TransMea 2020 expo on Monday. Arab Contractors, Orascom Construction and Concord for Engineering and Contracting are also now part of the consortium of companies contracted to build the high-speed electric rail from Ain Sokhna to Alamein.
- Telecom network upgrades: Etisalat and Orange will invest EGP 4-5 bn each on mobile network upgrade in 2021.
- Nasr Utilities acquisition: Madinet Nasr for Housing and Development (MNHD) has signed a final agreement with an unnamed strategic investor for the sale of its 98.4% stake in subsidiary Nasr Utilities and Installations (NUI).
- Break for small manufacturers: Small businesses will be given a six-month grace period before they have to pony up for leases on units in seven new industrial complexes recently proposed by the Industrial Development Authority.