Your top infrastructure stories
Your top infrastructure stories for the week include:
- Energy: The Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC) is planning to launch a global tender in early 2021 for a regional energy control center in Alexandria’s Moharram Bey area.
- Resource management: Egypt and the Netherlands’ irrigation ministers agreed to exchange experiences in agricultural methods, coastal management and wastewater treatment last week.
- Transportation: The Transport Ministry will establish a bus rapid transit (BRT) system on the Cairo ring road to ease congestion according to Minister Kamel El Wazir.
- Renewable energy: Six international companies have submitted bids in the tender to consult on the construction of a EGP 1.4 bn, 50 MW solar power station in Kom Ombo.
- IT infrastructure: Telecom Egypt will provide the first submarine fiber optic cable connection to the British overseas territory of St. Helena by 2022.