Your top infrastructure stories
Your top infrastructure stories for the week include:
- Egyptian Refining Company’s USD 4.3 bn Mostorod petrochemical refinery — the largest private sector project of its kind in Africa — was inaugurated this week.
- The deadline to settle with the government for illegal construction has been pushed to 31 October and buildings that are up to code will be issued unique IDs by the end of 2021.
- Egypt’s construction ban is now partially relaxed, with contractors and real estate developers permitted to resume construction on buildings that are no higher than four storeys.
- Cement players are calling for government intervention to save the industry from collapse amid a shortfall in demand.
- Factories might be getting the real estate tax break they have been pushing for if the Madbouly Cabinet accepts a proposal being drafted by the Trade Ministry.
- Regulations on the licensing and pricing framework for electric vehicles are currently under review by cabinet.