Your top education stories of the week
(xxYE) Your top education stories of the week:
- Higher education: A new phase of the Egypt-Japan University for Sciences and Technology in Borg El Arab, Alexandria, was inaugurated by President Abdel Fattah El Sisi last week.
- E-learning: All high-school students will be provided tablets and internet connectivity in classrooms, eliminating the need for books, said Education Minister Tarek Shawki.
- Education reform: The government has drafted a law that would establish a government body to accredit institutions offering technical learning and training programs, and ensure they meet educational standards.
- Continuing education: Adult education and literacy courses are back in session from today after the government eased restrictions on public gatherings.
- Back to School expo: Parents will get the chance to attend the annual ‘Welcome Schools’ expo, held on 20-27 September at the Cairo Fair Zone in Nasr City.