Your top education stories of the week
Your top education stories of the week:
- Fund to invest in educational services: Odin Investments and Saudi investment group Kasb Capital are creating a fund to invest in stocks including those of educational technology service companies.
- Private university tuition: The Higher Education Ministry is in talks with private universities to “reassess” their tuition fees in light of the economic burdens students and their parents are under because of the pandemic.
- CIRA plans int’l school in New Sohag: Cairo for Investment and Real Estate Development (CIRA) has purchased 2.8 acres of land in New Sohag City for EGP 21.6 mn to build an international school.
- Plan to contain covid-19 on school campuses: We’re expecting details on a recently drafted plan by authorities to curb the spread of covid-19 infections that involves monitoring student cases and logging them on a digitized system.
- New model of nonprofit universities now accepting applicants: The Higher Education Ministry started on Saturday accepting applications for the non-profit King Salman International University, Alamein International University, Galala University, and New Mansoura University.