Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the week:
- Cairo Metro Line 3 inaugurated, ticket increase: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi inaugurated the fourth phase of the EGP 32 bn Cairo Metro Line 3 and metro price tickets all went up by at least EGP 2. Orascom Construction and Arab Contracts were the main contractors on phase four.
- The Suez Canal Authority is building four new tunnels in Port Said and Ismailia as part of its plans to invest EGP 16.9 bn this fiscal year, the local press reports.
- Tahrir Square renovations: The renovations of Tahrir Square cost the government EGP 150 mn, Assistant Housing Minister Abdel Khalek Ibrahim said (watch, runtime: 05:31).
- EGP 700 mn electricity line in North Sinai: The Electricity Ministry is planning to build a new 180 km, 500 KV power transmission line in North Sinai that will cost some EGP 700 mn, according to Al Mal. The Baghdad-Taba line is expected to be operational by the end of 2021.
- Benya Capital to build a EGP 1 bn fiber optic cable factory in SCZone: Benya Capital signed a final agreement with the Arab Organization for Industrialization to build an EGP 1 bn fiber optic cable factory in the Suez Canal Economic Zone.
- HA pens pact with AOI: Hassan Allam Holding has signed an agreement with the Arab Organization for Industrialization (AOI) to enhance cooperation in the implementation of national projects, Al Mal reports.