Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the week:
- The Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC) signed a EGP 424 mn agreement with Energya Cables to implement a project that will connect the Heliopolis and Obour electricity transformer stations to Al Nahda Station, according to Al Mal.
- The EETC signed a EGP 143 mn contract with Siemens Technologies to establish a transformer station in districts three and five in the Bashayer Al Khair area near Alexandria, according to a statement.
- Tender for New Akhmim industrial zone electricity works: The New Urban Communities Authority has launched a tender to implement the electricity works in the industrial zone in New Akhmim City near Sohag, reports the local press.
- The Transport Ministry began operating 38 new trains and is expecting a EGP 300 mn profit from the new lines by the end of 2020.
- The government will employ advanced irrigation methods to a mn acres of agricultural land to help the country use its water resources more efficiently.
- The Environment Ministry aims to monitor emissions from 100 major industrial facilities by 2030, up from the current 73, to improve the country’s air quality.