Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the week:
- The Transport Ministry is studying the possibility of a second phase of the electric train project that will connect Al-Salam, Tenth of Ramadan, and the new administrative capital, according to Al Mal.
- The Slum Development Fund is eyeing a EUR 24 mn grant from a German government donor to eliminate unsafe slums.
- The National Railways Authority is set to sign a EUR 100 mn loan agreement to finance Siemens’ electric signaling systems project and to develop railway lines and crosses.
- Cabinet signed off on a USD 500 mn World Bank facility to support low-income housing and the state’s Social Housing Mortgage Finance Fund.
- India’s LuLu Group opened its second hypermarket branch in Cairo, in which it invested EGP 180 mn. The group plans to invest EGP 1 bn in Egypt’s retail industry, as we note in Speed Round, above.