Back to the complete issue
Wednesday, 29 July 2020

HHD extends contract to co-develop New Heliopolis land with Sodic

HHD extends contract to co-develop New Heliopolis land with Sodic: State-owned Heliopolis Housing and Development’s (HHD) board of directors agreed yesterday to extend the deadline by 11 months to develop a a 655-feddan plot in New Heliopolis under a 2016 agreement with upmarket real estate developer Sodic, according to a bourse disclosure (pdf). The new deadline is unclear. HHD also signed off on restructuring the EGP 5.01 bn minimum guaranteed revenues from the development, citing the current economic slowdown and its effect on the real estate market.

Background: Sodic and HHD had signed an agreement (pdf) back in 2016 to co-develop the land into a “fully integrated project” with retail, medical, educational, and sports facilities, in addition to 8,600 homes. Under the agreement, Sodic is entitled to 70% of the revenues from homes sold in the development, while the state-owned company will get the remaining 30%. Revenues from commercial and retail sales are split similarly.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt; Hassan Allam Properties (tax ID:  553-096-567), one of Egypt’s most prominent and leading builders; and Saleh, Barsoum & Abdel Aziz (tax ID: 220-002-827), the leading audit, tax and accounting firm in Egypt.