Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the week:
- European Investment Bank to fund transport upgrades: More than half of the EUR 1.9 bn of EIB funding agreed last week will be allocated to public transport infrastructure.
- Joint Egypt-Saudi electricity grid delayed to 2023: The Egyptian-Saudi electric interconnection project has been delayed by two years and is now expected to be operational at the end of 2023.
- New logistics zones: The Supply Ministry plans to set up new logistics zones for commercial supply chains in South Sinai.
- Metro railcar purchase postponed: The National Authority for Tunnels has postponed its purchase of railcars for Cairo Metro Line 4 to 15 September.
- CPC invests in Sadat City industrial zone: Saudi Arabia’s Construction Products Holding Company has invested EGP 300 mn into its infrastructure development project for the Sadat City industrial zone