The top infrastructure stories of the week
The top infrastructure stories of the week:
- The Electricity Ministry signed a EGP 4.6 bn agreement with Schneider Electric to build four electricity control centers, according to the local press. This comes as part of a larger EGP 8 bn plan.
- Cotton and Textile Industries Company signed a EGP 780 mn agreement with Gama Construction to develop a cotton spinning factory for its subsidiary Misr Spinning and Weaving Company.
- Damietta Port’s second container terminal is expected to be complete in January 2021 after renovation works were postponed due to covid-19. The terminal will cost EGP 500 mn.
- Egypt will invest more than EGP 45 bn to construct 47 seawater desalination plants over the next five years, in efforts to provide clean water to Sinai, the Red Sea, and Matrouh.
- Al Canal Sugar has contracted El Deiab for Land Reclamation to launch the largest agro-industrial project for sugar and strategic crops production by reclaiming 181k feddans in West Minya.