Egypt’s prosecutor general investigates 22-year-old’s alleged [redacted] assault of 100+ girls, women
A man accused of harassing more than 100 Egyptian women has been arrested and will face prosecution, a security source told Masrawy. More than 100 women have said on social media since Wednesday that a 22-year-old man [redacted] harassed, assaulted, and blackmailed them over the past several years, but the public prosecutor said yesterday that only one formal complaint had so far been submitted. The American University in Cairo, which the man previously attended, said on Thursday that he left the institution in 2018. It is unclear whether he was dismissed. AFP and Arab News also had the story, which has been making waves on social media over the long weekend.