Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the week:
- Elsewedy secures Mostakbal City project: Elsewedy Electric’s Trading & Distribution unit signed a EGP 423.3 mn agreement with El Mostakbal Urban Development to complete electricity and communications infrastructure for sections of phase three of Mostakbal City.
- HA to construct Afghan power plant: Hassan Allam Utilities has signed a USD 89 mn debt financing package with Ghazanfar Group’s Afghan Power Plant Company to develop a 59 MW gas power plant in northern Afghanistan.
- Three new logistics zones: The Supply Ministry will issue tenders for three logistics zones in the Red Sea, Suez, and Sharqiya governorates that are expected to draw around EGP 14.5 bn of investments.
- Electric vehicles: The Metallurgical Industries Holding Company has signed a preliminary agreement with Chinese automaker Dongfeng to assemble electric vehicles at El Nasr Automotive.
- Smart meter investment: The International Finance Corporation is investing USD 10 mn in Egyptian electricity measurement technology manufacturer Globaltronics to help expand the company’s prepaid digital meter installation program across Egypt.