Your top education stories of the week
Your top education stories of the week:
- The government has raised its forecast spending on education and health next fiscal year, according to a final version of the budget that made it through the House.
- Leading private sector education outfit Cairo for Investment and Real Estate Development (CIRA) is in talks to purchase an 11k sqm land plot in Assiut to build an international school.
- CIRA’s flagship Badr University has ranked 79 in the 2020 list of the top 100 World Universities with Real Impact (WURI) index.
- Cabinet has approved amendments to the executive regulations of the Universities Act to set up an artificial intelligence department in Tanta University.
- Arabic-language learning and development platform Zedny.com launched last week with a pre-seed investment of USD 1.2 secured from unnamed angel investors.