Your top education stories of the week
Your top education stories of the week:
- The government plans to invest EGP 24 bn in new and expanded higher education facilities in FY2020-2021, Planning Minister Hala El Said said last week.
- Access to learning platforms has increased by 395% since the beginning of the covid-19 lockdown, reports the local press.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has directed the government to purchase laptops for students to help them with distance learning.
- The ministry is considering a “flipped classroom” model in technical schools in the next academic year, deputy minister for technical education Mohamed Megahed said.
- Post-corona transnational education in Egypt: Convincing overseas students to study in Egypt after the pandemic will be a “hard sell” due to administrative inefficiencies, corruption and the political situation, University World News suggests.