Your top 5 infrastructure stories of the week
Your top 5 infrastructure news of the week:
- Foreign investment: Russian companies are planning to invest a combined USD 1.5 bn in railway infrastructure, agriculture, automobile manufacturing and shipbuilding in Egypt this year.
- Gas: Power Transmission & Distribution, a subsidiary of Indian energy company Larsen & Toubro, was awarded a contract to construct and commission a 220 kV gas insulated substation.
- Railways: A consortium of Elsewedy Electric and Italy’s Saipem and Salce have been awarded a tender issued by El Wady for Phosphate Industries and Fertilizers’ (WAPHCO) to rebuild the Abu Tartour-Qena freight railway line.
- Solar power: The New and Renewable Energy Authority started trial operations at the EGP 350 mn 26 MW solar power plant built by TSK in Kom Ombo.
- Electricity: Elsewedy Electric delivered the USD 364 mn 500 kV electric line feeding Borg El Arab Entertainment City, the North Coast, Marsa Matrouh, and Saloum.