Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top infrastructure stories of the week:
- Work on Egypt’s megaprojects has resumed, with construction workers returning this week to sites in the new administrative capital and New Alamein.
- Egypt and Sudan have connected energy grids with an initial capacity of 60 MW.
- Siemens locomotives: The National Railway Authority is considering buying 50 new locomotives from Siemens.
- New recycling site in Dakalia: The Arab Organization for Industrialization has signed a EGP 238 mn agreement to construct a municipal waste recycling site in Dakahlia.
- Gov’t boosts healthcare capacity to fight covid: The government is working to make full use of its healthcare infrastructure to fight covid-19 by relying on teaching hospitals under the Higher Education Ministry’s purview and other hospitals operating under the auspices of the Health Ministry.