Back to the complete issue
Wednesday, 25 March 2020

Sovereign Fund of Egypt to prepare low-risk ventures for investors post-covid

The Sovereign Fund of Egypt (SFE) is preparing a list of potential low-risk investments to present to investors after the covid-19 outbreak has been contained to restore confidence in the Egyptian economy, SFE CEO Ayman Soliman tells Al Mal. The negative impact of the pandemic on the economy will push investors towards low-risk ventures, Soliman said, without signaling what these potential investments could include.

Background: The SFE had offered to investors a 70% stake in the three Siemens-built combined-cycle power plants, and had said it expects to complete the acquisition of the first of the three plants this year. The fund will acquire the remaining 30%. The SFE also signed early last month an agreement with the military’s National Service Products Organization to market some of its subsidiaries to private investors.

Enterprise is a daily publication of Enterprise Ventures LLC, an Egyptian limited liability company (commercial register 83594), and a subsidiary of Inktank Communications. Summaries are intended for guidance only and are provided on an as-is basis; kindly refer to the source article in its original language prior to undertaking any action. Neither Enterprise Ventures nor its staff assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in this publication, whether in the form of summaries or analysis. © 2022 Enterprise Ventures LLC.

Enterprise is available without charge thanks to the generous support of HSBC Egypt (tax ID: 204-901-715), the leading corporate and retail lender in Egypt; EFG Hermes (tax ID: 200-178-385), the leading financial services corporation in frontier emerging markets; SODIC (tax ID: 212-168-002), a leading Egyptian real estate developer; SomaBay (tax ID: 204-903-300), our Red Sea holiday partner; Infinity (tax ID: 474-939-359), the ultimate way to power cities, industries, and homes directly from nature right here in Egypt; CIRA (tax ID: 200-069-608), the leading providers of K-12 and higher level education in Egypt; Orascom Construction (tax ID: 229-988-806), the leading construction and engineering company building infrastructure in Egypt and abroad; Moharram & Partners (tax ID: 616-112-459), the leading public policy and government affairs partner; Palm Hills Developments (tax ID: 432-737-014), a leading developer of commercial and residential properties; Mashreq (tax ID: 204-898-862), the MENA region’s leading homegrown personal and digital bank; Industrial Development Group (IDG) (tax ID:266-965-253), the leading builder of industrial parks in Egypt; Hassan Allam Properties (tax ID:  553-096-567), one of Egypt’s most prominent and leading builders; and Saleh, Barsoum & Abdel Aziz (tax ID: 220-002-827), the leading audit, tax and accounting firm in Egypt.