Your top infrastructure news of the week
Your top five infrastructure news of the week:
- The government will complete 13 industrial complexes, including nine in Upper Egypt, by the end of this year, Trade and Industry Minister Nevine Gamea said at a conference on Monday.
- First new capital skyscraper complete: China State Construction Engineering Company completed the capping of the first skyscraper in the new administrative capital.
- Funding to develop desert into residential, industrial zones: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi ratified a EUR 53.2 mn financing agreement with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for the development of desert areas into fully connected residential and industrial zones.
- More funding for railway rehab: Cabinet approved a EUR 1.5 mn grant from the European Investment Bank to fund railway upgrades to the Tanta-Mansoura-Damietta line.
- Egypt has launched a tender for advisory services for the new administrative capital – Nasr City and 6th of October – Giza monorail project, with the deadline for technical and financial bids set for 17 March.