Your top 5 education stories of the week
Your top education stories of the week:
- Schools and universities in Egypt have been ordered to close for two weeks starting Sunday after Ittihadiya announced emergency measures designed to help prevent the spread of the covid-19 virus.
- The Education Ministry had previously suspended extracurricular activities such as physical education, music and computer science programs as part of the ban on large gatherings.
- Education Minister Tarek Shawky also announced the closure of group tutoring centers alongside schools and universities, over corona concerns.
- Higher education has also gone online: University lectures will be uploaded to YouTube and the Higher Education Ministry encouraged online learning during the temporary university shutdown.
- The Higher Education Ministry is considering extending academic semesters in light of university closures.