Your top infrastructure stories of the week
Your top stories for infrastructure this week are:
- Dabaa: Russia and Belarus are in talks over potentially cooperating on the construction of the Dabaa nuclear power plant.
- Unified Building Code: The House constitutional, housing and local management committees have finalized a draft of the Unified Building Code which would streamline procedures and cut red tape to obtain building permits, and would make permits valid for three years instead of one.
- Bus rapid transit: Egypt is considering partnering with Volvo to establish a bus rapid transit (BRT) system on the Ring Road after Transportation Minister Kamel al-Wazir met with Volvo officials in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Infrastructure underwater: Heavy rains pummeled Cairo and other parts of the country Monday, causing massive traffic jams and flooding on many major roadways that relied on trucks to drain the flooding water.
- Electric buses: Egypt will locally manufacture 2k electric buses in partnership with Chinese manufacturer Foton Motor by 2023, with the first vehicle scheduled for completion by November of this year.